Director of Foundation Relations with Water for People, Monica LaBiche Brown will talk about her life and her career as a fundraiser at our North Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on this Thursday at Dave & Buster’s, 10667 Westminster #100, Westminster, CO. The luncheon is sponsored by Wealth Management Partners, Mass Mutual Financial. The cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members and walk-ins. Register online at www.cwcc.org.
Monica LaBiche Brown is the Director of Foundation Relations with Water For People, an international nonprofit organization based in Denver, Colorado, whose mission is to assist people in developing countries gain access to safe drinking water and proper sanitation facilities. She leads the effort to grow the development partnerships and funding relationships with foundations and to leverage resources of the foundation community.
Monica has broad fundraising experience including four years as Prospect Research Manager for Mercy Housing, a national affordable housing nonprofit organization headquartered in Denver. Prior to that position, Monica was an Administrator at the World Bank in Washington, DC for 12 years. She planned and coordinated administrative and support services of the energy and infrastructure department, consisting of 75 personnel and a portfolio of 102 projects.
Monica was born in the Seychelles but was raised in Uganda. It was there that she developed a keen appreciation of the scale of problems that many developing countries face and the lasting impact strategic development can have on poor communities.
Monica holds a Master’s degree in Management from Regis University and a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Spelman College. She is a member of the Association for Fundraising Professionals, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and Toastmasters International. She has also served as a Board Member of Colorado Professional Researchers for Advancement and World Bank Administrative and Client Support Network.
- 79,877 views
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that mattter.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. https://t.co/GISGDGtp7yTweeted 20 hours ago
- RT @ZayoGroup: Congratulations to our very own @SandiMays for being named as a one of @cowomenschamber 2018 Top Most Powerful Women! https:…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @LatinosLead: Congrats @SandiMays, LLI Advisory Board Member and EVP CIO Service of @ZayoGroup, and the 24 other extraordinary women bei…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @Aspen_Academy: The Aspen Academy Community congratulates our Head of School, Kristina Scala, for being nominated as one of Colorado Wom…Tweeted 4 days ago
- Join us before the march at CWCC offices for breakfast, camaraderie, and coffee! RSVP here: bit.ly/2EyvohP https://t.co/WYko1IBYZTTweeted 4 days ago